- A secondary education teacher's certification in English, Reading/Language Arts or related field; holders of a PhD may waive this certification requirement.
- Teach courses to program participants and enhance participant competency in the areas of reading/literature, writing/composition and/or speech.
- Ability to develop course syllabi, pre-tests and post-tests as well as assess student progress
- Availability to provide an evening tutoring session at least once per week
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and/or have prior experience in relating to low-income/first generation college bound youth.
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Strong classroom management skills.
For additional information regarding the position: