• Ensure the accuracy and clarity of all materials.
• Make material conform to U.S. Bank brand guidelines.
• Correct all errors in mechanics, including spelling, punctuation, grammar, usage & inconsistencies.
• Collaborate and consult with the Bank’s translation vendors on revisions to the text that affect meaning, tone, style and presentation.
• Rewrite content when necessary; Check changes made to materials.
• Input text changes in InDesign, Word and Excel documents.
• Work with in-house graphics department to make art/layout corrections.
• Review printer proofs, products for reprint and content of digital products.
• Stay on top of changing company policies and guidelines.
• Occasional translation may be required
Job Requirements / Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience as a Spanish proofreader.
• Fluency in Spanish grammar, syntax, punctuation, and spelling.
• Certification as Spanish translator (preferred)
• Bilingual (English / Spanish) – 100% in both verbal and written forms.
• Ability to mark text and layout using accepted proofreading marks neatly and accurately.
• Ability to research facts on the Internet quickly and document reliable sources, showing definitive preferences for variant spellings, word forms, etc.
• Flexibility to follow in-house style guides.
• Mastery of all functions of Microsoft Word essential to production of professional documents, including styles and track changes.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Excel and Adobe InCopy & InDesign; experience with document management and ability to follow naming conventions and version control protocols.
• Ability to learn new software and to apply copy editing skills in digital environments.
• Attention to detail, able to regulate their own productivity and manage schedules; comfortable adapting to