• Master’s degree in a relevant field ((Computational) Linguistics, (Computational) or Computer Science)
• Strong interest in language and speech technology
• Interested in research and having the intention to obtain a PhD degree
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Eager to acquire new competences and knowledge
• Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
• The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a multidisciplinary team, and will be guided by advisors with a computer science/computational linguistics background (UGent-UHasselt) and with a background in dialectology (UGent).